This is time of year, everyone is pumpkin crazy. Pumpkin in everything! I love pumpkin as well, I will confess. I’m a sucker for any new product that comes out in pumpkin flavor.
This is the best time of year to enjoy baking, so I’m going to share my new pumpkin favorite. It’s easy, and yummy and they won’t last long so double the recipe!
6 oz soft cream cheese
15 golden vanilla Oreos
2 tablespoons can pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp cloves
Chocolate melts for dipping( I get mine at a craft store that they use for chocolate making. Much easier to use)
Sprinkles( if your festive)
- In food processor, process the cookies until they are crumbs.
- Mix cream cheese, cookie crumbs and spices until smooth, make sure you don’t have cream cheese lumps!
- Chill for 1 hour
- The dough is soft so work fast! Spoon into 1 tbsp size balls, and roll into nice, round truffle ball shape.
- Refrigerate to make firm, or even freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate in microwave safe bowl, 1 minute at a time, taking out to stir until its all smooth. Be careful not to burn. It usually takes 2 minutes total.
- On a baking pan lined with parchment or wax paper, take a fork and dip truffle balls into chocolate, tapping off excess chocolate before sliding onto your pan.Sprinkle on your decorations right away before the chocolate hardens.
- These candies need to be kept in refrigeration because of the cream cheese.
- Enjoy! 🙂