So it’s the end of August..and I’m over it! The heat, the humidity and the sweating. I NEED fall!! This time every year(those of you who know me well, you know its a true story), I get the itch to do a dry run of my fall favorites. I don’t actually decorate for fall until third week of September, but I have all my fall boxes out of the attic by Labor Day, anticipating our fall decorating party (that’s a post for later on).
So, in the spirit of everything pumpkin, sweaters, cinnamon and the lovely shade of orange, I baked these pumpkin pie bars that are so very yummy. They have always been a favorite whenever I make them for friends and family and have even sold them in bakeries I’ve worked at in the past. You know I like easy, and these are EASY to make! They have a toffee like crust with the smooth yummy pumpkin pie like filling
So if you want to dream of fall, whip up batch of these this week and enjoy them with a cup of chai tea. I think this is going to help me endure the last several weeks we have left of 100-degree weather!
Happy Pumpkin Fun in August!
Pumpkin Pie Bars
Preheat oven 375. Grease a 13×9 pan very well.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans( fine)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup cold butter, cut up in chunks
15 oz can pumpkin ( Libby)
14 oz can condensed sweetened milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
- For crust combine everything except butter. Add the butter and mix until its crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of your pan, reserving 1 cup for the topping
- Bake 10-13 minutes
- Combine all the filling ingredients, mix until smooth and pour over the prebaked crust.
- Take reserve crumbs, add 1 tablespoon of flour, remix and then sprinkle on top
- Bake 30-35 minutes
- Let cool several hours before slicing. I cool mine in the refrig before slicing 🙂