I wanted to come up with a Thank you gift the other week for someone, who really helped me in s tight spot. I love doing Thank you cards, but adding a baked treat with it makes it more fun! I had found these adorable mini loaf liners at Hobby Lobby and they were waiting for me to make something special in them. I usually make this Coffee Cake in a 9×13 pan, but I thought, why not make them in these mini loaf liners? Add a bag of coffee to it for a perfect Sweet Thank You!
This cake is of course, easy to make and I love that you can use any fruit. I used fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, rhubarb, or raspberries would work as well! It is moist because of the sour cream, and its not overly sweet. It will be a great recipe to add to your go – to collection!
8 oz. sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups A.P. flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
2 cups of fresh fruit of choice
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
½ cup chopped nut (optional)
- In a bowl mix the baking soda and sour cream and set aside
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time
- Fold in flour, baking powder and sour cream mixture
- Add fruit
- Mix all topping ingredients in a separate bowl
- In 9×13 pan (or mini loaf pans) do a layer of batter and sprinkle topping mix and top with another layer pf batter, and topping
- Bake 325 until it is brown, but DO NOT over bake. Mini loaves about 25 min, 9×13 about 35 minutes